On 19 June 2018 Minister Sven Gatz and VUB Rector Caroline Pauwels will launch the MediaHub Brussels and the new “MediaHub Brussels Conference” that will take place yearly.
The MediaHub Brussel wants to stimulate cooperations between media companies, cross-disciplinary academic researchers, and policy makers, to strengthen the media industry. The launch event will also present the new degree “Postgraduate in Media Economics”, and uncover the future initiatives of the MediaHub. Mediahub Brussels is supported by the Flemish Government and the Flemish minister of Culture, Media, Youth and Brussels, Sven Gatz.
Location: Thon Hotel Brussel City Centre, Avenue du Boulevard 17, 1210 Brussels
Date: 19 June 2018
Media Clusters Brussels presents panel discussion
During the MediaHub Brussels Conference, MCB will organize a panel discussion about Brussels’ media-ecosystem (see Full Programme). Insights into the latest MCB research results will be given by the MCB researchers. The panel will host local and international researchers as well as local media industry representatives to share their thoughts in how to make the MediaHub Brussels successfull. Attendants will be able to ask questions and discuss the future of Brussels’ media industry with these experts.
- Prof Dr David Domingo, Chair of Journalism at the Department of Information and Communication Sciences at Université Libre de Bruxelles
- Marlen Komorowski, Researcher at imec – SMIT – VUB on Media Clusters Brussels
- Prof Dr Ike Picone, Assistant professor Journalism and Media Studies at Vrije Universiteit Brussel / Research Lead Media Clusters Brussels
- Noël Magis, Managing Director screen.brussels fund
- Dr Dane Anderton, Senior Lecturer at Manchester Metropolitan University
- Michal Glowacki, Associate professor at the University of Warsaw / Creative Media Clusters Research project
12:00 – 13:00 Registration
13:00 – 13:30 Welcome by the Minister Sven Gatz, VUB Rector Caroline Pauwels, and SMIT Director Pieter Ballon
13:30 – 14:15 Keynote: The Media Industry at a Crossroad
14:15 – 14:45: Coffee break
14:45 – 15:30: Panel discussion: The Brussels’ media-ecosystem (hosted by MCB)
15:30 – 16:15: Panel discussion: European collaboration for media innovation
16:15 – 16:30: Conclusion
16:30 – 18:00 Drinks & Networking